Saturday 28 April 2012

Y is for ... You

Yesterday's bloglet was a bit like a teenager: kind of sulky and rubbish, and to be honest I'm not sure I'm making up for it with today's offering. Sorry about that.

I really liked the idea I had for my 'q' topic (here) where it wasn't really about what I'd written, but more about the comments that you left (feel free to go and answer the most recent question if you like - I'm hoping it'll be visited from time to time). So, with that in mind, today I'm asking ...

What is one interesting thing about you that people might not know?

Maybe it's something people wouldn't know by just visiting your blog/twitter feed/facebook page etc. but that you're really proud of, or slightly embarrassed about (but can laugh about now), or just something which might surprise people.

Mine is that I used to be afraid of Father Christmas and would insist that he leave presents outside my bedroom. And while we're on the topic of scary Christmas-related things, I was also afraid of the film The Snowman.

17 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I guess the fact that I raised 3 children and never once had a babysitter could be considered interesting. Can't believe we only have one letter left to go. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I am literally saluting you right now.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure if it's interesting, or just pathetic, but I am still afraid of the dark. I don't have to sleep with a nightlight or anything, but I will NOT walk through a dark room or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's pathetic, then I'm pathetic too! I don't like being the last to bed and turning the landing light off before getting to my bedroom.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm...I have NCAA National Titles in women's soccer. Bleh...that was a long time ago. Does that count as interesting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it does, you silly!

      Delete
    2. I'm duly impressed, Mina. that is quite an accomplishment.

      Delete
  4. One thing some folks don't know about me, especially in professional circles, is that I was once a roller-skating car hop. You are young, Grover so you may not even know what I mean unless you watch some classic television and see reruns of Happy Days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever that is I'm sure it was ace ... Anything involving roller skates HAS to be ace. Seriously though, what's a car hop?

      Delete
  5. I love chocolate. No wait, everyone knows that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'd be more surprising (not to mention upsetting) if you DIDN'T like chocolate. Every girl has to like it, don't they? I'm pretty sure it's written onto the extra X chromosome somewhere.

      Delete
    2. Actually, some of us are defective. I can't stand chocolate. I've tried; the really cheap stuff all the way up to the really nice stuff, and everything in between. I just don't like it. My mom says if I didn't look so much like my dad she would be sure she was sent home with the wrong baby.

      Delete
    3. I am both sad for, and jealous of, you for not liking chocolate.

      Delete
  6. this is a great use of the letter y. Hmm let's see, something about me that people don't know. I have a fear of garbage disposals. I won't use them. And I love love love reading words in italics. I'd put my whole novel in italics if I could just because it's so pretty . . . Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you write by hand, do you write in italics too?

      Delete
  7. My daughter and I share a birthday, and one of my sons has a birthday on our half-birthday. So we celebrate our birthdays twice a year and all blow out candles on the same cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that. Two birthdays, like the Queen :)

      Delete