Monday 9 April 2012

H is for ... Hats

Did you see that video on YouTube about Debbie, who just loves cats? Take a quick look here if you didn't.

Yep. Well that's how I feel about hats. Kind of.

I like hats. I often wear one for funsies while writing these little bloglets, or for protection while playing scary video games (totally accurate and not made-up studies have shown that if you wear a hat you are 36% less likely to be killed by the bad guys).


Right at this second as I type (although probably not as you read), I am wearing this one, which is a personal favourite of mine for a number of reasons.
1. It was a birthday present, so I didn't have to pay for it.
2. It was from a very good friend.
3. It was from Poland, which is a whole different country! (Yes, I'm glossing over the 'Made in China' label inside.)
4. It has lots of clips and buttons and is therefore very versatile in terms of how it can be worn.




For someone who likes hats so much, I own surprisingly few of them. This is because I'm extremely picky about them. Take, for example this hat:






Clearly an excellent hat which was destined to sit on my head, but I took three days to choose it, because the dozens of other hats I'd tried previously just didn't feel right.







That's the thing about hats: it takes time to choose the right one. You can't just rush into these things, it's a serious business. Sometimes, though, just sometimes, a hat comes along which is so perfect in every way that it can be worn by anyone, and the world rejoices.




One hat to rule them all, one hat to find them, one hat to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.


1 comment:

  1. lol - i love you. my fave post so far!! (im not reading them in order....) i havent yet got to the buttons blog :D

    ReplyDelete