Sunday 1 April 2012

A is for ... Anagrams

For those of you who may have stumbled across my humble little blog and not know what's going on, I'm currently taking part in a challenge to post a new blog entry (I refer to them lovingly as 'bloglets') on every day of April, where each entry will be about topics beginning with a different letter of the alphabet. Today is day one.

So, as the title suggests, 'A' is for anagrams.

Mr. Google defines an anagram as 'a word, phrase or name formed by arranging the letters of another'. I like this definition but I would also add that it's better when the anagram is somehow amusing. Pretty much everything in life is better if it's amusing.
So, for the remainder of this short but sweet bloglet, please enjoy some of my favourite anagrams:

Astronomer = Moon starer

Desperation = A rope ends it

Margaret Thatcher = That great charmer

The eyes = They see

Nurse Florence Nightingale = Heroine curing fallen gents

Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one

To be or not to be, that is the question, whether it's nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. = In one of the Bard's best-thought-of tragedies, our insistent hero, Hamlet, queries on two fronts about how life turns rotten.

President Clinton of the USA = To copulate, he finds interns




Note: I didn't think of all these anagrams: I'm not that patient. Here are the websites I pinched them from.
One, Two, Three

6 comments:

  1. Good one! Love this post :) Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very amusing anagrams you found and made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Life is more fun with anagrams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative! I'm participating in the challenge too, but as part of a collaborative! You can check out our Collaborative blog here: http://bookbloggerscollaborative.com/ and check out my blog here: http://abshepherdsreinventedreader.blogspot.com.au/

    Loved your anagrams!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I love that 'The Eyes' turns into 'They See'. That is so very cool!

    Konstanz Silverbow
    nothoughts2small.blogspot.com
    A to Z Co-host
    www.a-to-zchallenge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, great anagrams. I especially like The eyes=They see. It is so simple yet feels wise. :)

    Found you through A to Z!
    Elizabeth
    Successfully Underachieving

    ReplyDelete