Friday 26 April 2013

W is for Wombles

Remember back at 'c' I wrote about that documentary on mouse-like creatures who live on a different planet?

Got another one for you.

The Wombles (also somewhat mouse-like in appearance as it happens) are defined by wikipedia as 'pointy-nosed, furry creatures that live in burrows, where they aim to help the environment by collecting and recycling rubbish in creative ways.'

Obviously wombles live in many different countries, but the documentary, on TV back in the '70s, focused on those who live on Wimbledon Common.

This is a particularly fine episode. (Orinoco is my favourite.)


3 comments:

  1. There are some in Yorkshire definitely because when we were on holiday there, the village next to ours was called Wombleton. Why aren't they still on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Becky - I'm Jemima from one spot down the linky list after you. I was getting bored by the ones I'd hopped up to in the higher regions of the linky list, so I decided to come and look at yours, otherwise I'd miss you entirely. I love Wombles. I like your blog. It's way more interesting than most of those I've visited today! Thank you!
    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, exactly, but I have a feeling that being one of the voice over actors on that show was probably a blast :)

    ReplyDelete