Sunday 2 January 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Greetings and a very happy new year to you. I hope 2011 is fantasically awesome for you. Incidentally, is it pronounced 'two thousand and eleven' or 'twenty eleven'? I am most confused by the whole thing and would appreciate some guidance to prevent me embarrassing myself terribly at social functions. Yes, of course I am constantly attending social functions which require me to refer to the year, you ninny.

So, seeing as this is my first bloglet of the year, I have a number of resolutions to inform you of/bore you with:

1. Attain QTS (Qualified Teacher Status). Quite an important one, hence its position at Number One. Should be achievable ... should be.

2. Know more stuff. Whilst playing Trivial Pursuit recently, I discovered that I do not know a lot of stuff. I aim to put this right by learning lots more stuff so that next time I play I am amazing.

3. Be able to cook. My current culinary repetoire is rather pitiful; it contains spaghetti bolognaise, curries and not much else. I have planned my first kitchen endeavour of the year already; Thai fishcakes (thank you, Mr. Worrall Thompson). Keep an eye open for a blogletty review.

4. Read more. Time constraints could make this tricky; people keep telling me the PGCE year is the most stressful and packed year of your life. Having a mother who was a librarian helps though, since I rarely have to buy books and can borrow from her extensive collection.

5. Win the lottery. I had four resolutions and thought five would be a better number. Winning the lottery would always be useful.

Well, those are my resolutions. Pretty solid ones I think you'll agree. Do you have any?

No comments:

Post a Comment